Sabbath as Resistance : Keeping the Sabbath is an act of resistance, keeping us in sync with God's pattern of creation.
Passage: Exodus 20:8–20:11
The Primary Points:
1. Sabbath is resistence
2. Sabbath keeps us in sync with the way we and all creation was made
3. Sabbath is for rest, worship, and acts of mercy
4. Sabbath is a rhythm of work and rest
5. Sabbath resists the anxiety of chaos
6. Sabbath is a shadow of what is still to come
More in For the Life of the World
March 31, 2019Present Hope in a future Kingdom: The present hope of a future Kingdom shapes our identity as a church and restores hope
March 24, 2019Wonder Transforms Us : The theme: We need to recover a sense of beauty and wonder to truly worship God
March 17, 2019Wisdom is for Life: The goal is not simply to know how to live for Christ, but to have the skill to apply what we know to our lives.