A major goal of the women's ministry, is to connect women. In our gatherings we want to be a group that is safe and attractive to other women who are also looking to connect, share, grow, and learn.
We want to provide a ministry that enables people to feel safe with each other. Therefore, as each person desires, they can share with each other, learn from each other, and pray for each other, all within the context of digging into the Scripture or Scriptural ideas together.
It is in this context that we work to bring together our women, their friends, and others who want to come. That way we can build a caring fellowship around God's word.
Women's Fall Book Club
Tuesdays Oct 6 - Nov 24
Women of Highlands- you are invited to join our Fall Book Club!
We will be reading Scott Sauls' new book, A Gentle Answer: Our Secret Answer in a World of Us Against Them. Here is an excellent review from The Gospel Coalition https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/reviews/gentle-answer-scott-sauls/.
The book has eight chapters and we will come together via Zoom every Tuesday evening from 7pm-8:pm to discuss a chapter. We will begin on Octoer 6th and meet through November 24th. For those who are able, we will continue the zoom with prayer time from 8pm-8:30pm. Questions or to Sign Up: Jaci Winship 314-9209734 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Save these Dates
It is with great hope in Jesus that we plan our Christmas brunch and Secret Sister event. We are aware that things may look a bit different this year but we are prayerfully moving forward as we look to celebrate the birth of our Savior and the call to love and encourage one another. We will begin our Secret Sister sign-ups starting on Sunday, October 18th. October 25th we will draw names. This year it will begin on November 8th-December 6th with final gift and reveal on December 12th. Some of you may be wondering:
What is Secret Sister?
This is a sweet opportunity to encourage, support and edify one another through prayer as well as with personal notes, cards and small gifts. It is our hope that during this time your prayer life will bring you into deeper relationship with the Lord as you lift your sister and her needs to the Father.
If you need more information we will be happy to discuss that with you. Call or email Maribel or anyone else on the Women's Council (Patricia Reed, Ruth Bode, Jaci Winship, and Jeanne Edison).
Below you will find some helpful tips!
1. This is a commitment. You are committing to be a Secret Sister until the final reveal. You are committing to PRAY for your Secret Sister on a regular basis.
2. Remember that you will be receiving as well as giving. If you will miss a Sunday or two please make arrangements with Maribel for your message/gift to be delivered.
3. A table will be set up for the Secret Sister gifts.. If you wish to mail a card, a good way to mail it without revealing your identity is to put their address as the return address as well as the mailing address.
4. Acknowledge your Secret Sister weekly. Find out her Birthday, favorite color, food, hobby etc..
5. You can also give gifts for Thanksgiving-- a card thanking the Lord for her.
6. The final gift will be presented, by you, to your Secret Sister at the Christmas brunch in December
7. Feel free to be as creative as you wish (it is strongly encouraged!).
8. Concealing your identity is a primary goal, remember to type or have someone else write for you in case your handwriting might be recognized. Also, never deliver the goods on your own---Sisters are watching